All Architecture

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

The Dancing House

Prague, Czech Republic
by Frank Gehry

The Dancing House (Czech: Tančící dům) or Fred and Ginger is the nickname given to the Nationale-Nederlanden building in Prague, Czech Republic, at Rašínovo nábřeží (Rašín's riverbank). It was designed by the Croatian-Czech architect Vlado Milunić in co-operation with the renowned..

Add to a collection

The Barcelona Pavilion, also known as the German Pavilion, designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, as the German national Pavilion for the 1929 Barcelona International Exhibition. The Pavilion was conceived to accommodate the official reception presided over by King Alphonso XIII of Spain along..

Add to a collection

Sagrada Família

Barcelona, Spain
by Antonio Gaudí

The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família (English: Basilica and Expiatory Church of the Holy Family; Spanish: Basílica y Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia), commonly known as the Sagrada Família, is a large Roman Catholic church in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, designed by..

Add to a collection

Penguin Pool, London Zoo

London, United Kingdom
by Tecton, ...

In 1934, London Zoo (the Regent's Park zoo in London) unveiled its famous spiral-ramped "Penguin Pool," designed by Tecton, an influential architectural firm led by Russian emigre Berthold Lubetkin. Tecton's innovative Modernist design was unusually elegant and playful and one of the first uses..

Add to a collection

Preston Bus Station

Lancashire, United Kingdom
by Building Design Partnership

Preston Bus Station is the central bus terminus in the city of Preston in Lancashire, England. Built in the Brutalist architectural style between 1968 and 1969, designed by Keith Ingham and Charles Wilson of Building Design Partnership with E. H. Stazicker, it has a capacity of 80 double-decker..

Add to a collection

The Farnsworth House was designed and constructed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe between 1945-51. It is a one-room weekend retreat in a once-rural setting, located 89 km southwest of Chicago's downtown on a 24 ha estate site, adjoining the Fox River, south of the city of Plano, Illinois.

The..

Add to a collection

The nordic pavilion on the Biennale campus in Venice resulted from a competition in 1958 and was official opened in 1962. The roof consists of concrete beams one metre high in two direction: each beam is 6 cm thick and together they form a 2-metre high brise soleil. Transparent roof elements are..

Add to a collection

Philips Pavilion

Brussels, Belgium
by Le Corbusier, ...

The Philips Pavilion was a World's Fair pavilion designed for Expo 1958 in Brussels by the office of Le Corbusier. Commissioned by electronics manufacturer Philips, the pavilion was designed to house a multimedia spectacle that celebrated postwar technological progress. Because Corbusier was busy..

Add to a collection

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Contribute